VOICEWORKS SUMMER SPOTLIGHT
SUMMER SPOTLIGHT 2018
***REGISTRATION NOW CLOSED****
Summer Spotlight 2018 is shaping up to be our best yet!
Allowing singers the opportunity to prepare and partake in professional production such as Spotlight is something we are very proud of at Voiceworks Studio.
We believe getting to perform live on stage in front of an audience with top musicians and professional sound and lighting is an important learning opportunity and experience for student singers.
Inspired by a format used very successfully in America and Canada, this performance workshop & event series will further develop students to fully engage with their moment on stage. Our Voiceworks team will help prepare them for every aspect of the performance from stage craft to band leading. An independent expert panellist will provide written feedback of the performance and we will also video the event, which will be made available to the student for personal or promotional use. Furthermore, no more than 2 singers will be allocated per song. Students can choose to sing solo or as part of a duet, however places available are limited.
WHAT DO YOU, THE PERFORMER GET?
- 1to1 session with performance coach on Sun 29th April
- 1to1 session with music director on Sun 29th April
- Band chart created especially for your song by our musical director Patrick Lucy
- 2 hour band leading, interactive workshop/masterclass on Sun 13th May
- Performance with live band at The White Horse, Ballincollig on Sun 20th May
- Professional video footage of your live performance for personal/promotional use
- Professional photographs of your live performance for personal/promotional use
- Written feedback form from expert panelist
The Spotlight events are free for friends and family to attend. However, to cover the cost of band hire, contact hours with tutors, videographer, photographer, venue etc. performers wishing to participate must pay a fee. These costs will also be subsidised by Voiceworks.
Solo – €100
Duo – €60each (*partners must be arranged by the performers themselves)
WHAT DO WE REQUIRE, FROM PARTICIPATING PERFORMERS?
For these events to run smoothly and fairly for all involved, and for you to get the most value from the experience, we require participating students to adhere to the following:
- Completed application form submitted before SAT 21ST APRIL (please consult with your vocal coach)
- Attendance is compulsory for all rehearsals (see application form for details)
- Respect tutors and fellow performers
- Follow guidance on song choice and arrangement
- Bring your own lyric sheet(s) to all rehearsals including first rehearsal on SUN 29TH APRIL
- Bring pencil to take notes and audio recorder is encouraged
- Wear comfortable clothes and bring snacks and water to rehearsals
- Bring a minimum of 3 guests to the showcase you’re performing in on SUN 20TH MAY
|MD & Perf Coach
Sun 29th April
|Band Leading Workshop
Sun 13th May
|Pre Gig Run Throughs
Sun 13th May
|Venue: White Horse, Ballincollig
Sun 20th May
|Kids & Teens (6-16yrs)||Time slot TBA||12-2.30pm||3.30-4.45pm||5pm|
|Adults (16+)||Time slot TBA||3.30-5.30||6.30-7.15pm||7.30pm|