VOICEWORKS WINTER SPOTLIGHT
WINTER SPOTLIGHT 2017
WINTER SPOTLIGHT REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED.
We’re delighted to run our 2nd Spotlight event on Sun 17th Dec 2017
Based on feedback we have received from parents and students, and from our own experience as teachers at Voiceworks, we have decided to restructure the end of year show as a highly student centred event.
Following on from the sucess of last years Spotlight we are excited to get to do it all again
We believe getting to perform live on stage in front of an audience with top musicians and professional sound and lighting is an important learning opportunity and experience for student singers.
Inspired by a format used very successfully in America and Canada this performance workshop event will further develop students to fully engage with their moment on stage. Our Voiceworks team will help prepare them for every aspect of the performance from stage craft to band leading. An independent expert panelist will provide written feedback of the performance and we will also video the event which will be made available to the student for personal or promotional use. Furthermore, no more than 3 singers will be allocated per song. Students can now choose to sing solo or as part of a duet or trio, however places available are limited.
WHAT DO YOU, THE PERFORMER GET?
- 1to1 session with performance coach on Sun Nov 26th
- 1to1 session with music director on Sun Nov 26th
- Band chart created especially for your song by our music director
- 2 hour band leading, interactive workshop/masterclass on Sun Dec 3rd
- Performance with live band at The White Horse, Ballincollig on Sun Dec 17th
- Professional video footage of your live performance for personal/promotional use
- Professional photographs of your live performance for personal/promotional use
- Written feedback form from expert panelist
The Spotlight events are free for friends and family to attend however to cover the cost of band hire, contact hours with tutors, videographer, photographer, venue etc. performers wishing to participate must pay a fee. These costs will also be subsidised by Voiceworks.
Solo – €100
Duo – €60each (*partners must be arranged by the performers themselves)
WHAT DO WE REQUIRE, FROM PARTICIPATING PERFORMERS?
For these events to run smoothly and fairly for all involved, and for you to get the most value from the experience we require participating students to adhere to the following:
- Completed application form submitted before NOV 11th (please consult with your vocal coach)
- Attendance is compulsory for all rehearsals (see application form for details)
- Respect tutors and fellow performers
- Follow guidance on song choice and arrangement
- Bring your own lyric sheet(s) to all rehearsals including first rehearsal on NOV 26th
- Bring pencil to take notes and audio recorder is encouraged
- Wear comfortable clothes and bring snacks and water to rehearsals
- Bring a minimum of 3 guests to the showcase you’re performing in on DEC 17TH
|MD & Perf Coach
Sun 26th Nov
|Band Leading Workshop
Sun 3rd Dec
|Pre Gig Run Throughs
Sun 17th Dec
|Venue: White Horse, Ballincollig
Sun 17th Dec
|Kids (6-13yrs)||Time slot TBA||10-12pm||1.30-2.15pm||2.30pm|
|Teens (13-18yrs)||Time slot TBA||1-3pm||4-4.45pm||5pm|
|Adults (18+)||Time slot TBA||3.30-5.30||6.30-7.15pm||7.30pm|